Saturday, August 16, 2014

What Have I Been Up To? Comics!

People have been upset I haven't been blogging in the past six months, and other than just having a more busy social life and smoking more weed, I've been doing more art. Blogging isn't art, it's an online diary I can easily share this those interested.  (Hi Mom and Dad!) I've been making more music and writing songs.  I only recorded one song, and I'm not done or happy with, but you can hear it here. I also have started a new Tumblr for just my writings.  It's one of the tabs on this blog "My Words" some old, some new. I draw but I don't have one place for it all, but I will eventually. But what I'm most excited about is Sad Sack! 

I have a very talented friend, Grace, with a distinct art style that I really like. I have been wanting to make a comic with her for a while. We finally have something going.  I've written the first chapter and she is drawing it!  After she draws it I've been putting it in photoshop and coloring it! 

So, sometimes we drink wine and sit on the floor of my apartment and Grace will draw a panel in this big sketch book she has.  It looks like this:



Then, I take a shitty iPhone picture of it (like what you see above) and then Photoshop it on my Mac until it looks something like this:


And then we repeat the process.



And repeat again.



My bosses at Localvore Today are supportive of my comic and said I can use their scanner. So, future panels will be even better!

On a related comic book note, read Batman: Earth One.  My wonderful friend Jimmy James let me borrow it and it's so good. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment